Statement of purpose
The purposes for which The Australian and New Zealand Society of Criminology Inc. is established are:
- to promote study, understanding, and co-operation in the field of Criminology;
- to bring together persons actively engaged, or who have been actively engaged, in teaching and/or practices in the field of Criminology;
- to foster training and research in Criminology in institutions of learning, and in law enforcement, judicial, and correctional agencies;
- to encourage communication within the field of Criminology through publications and conferences;
- to promote and foster understanding of Criminology by parliaments, governments, and the public.