Eligibility and Criteria
The ANZSOC Committee of Management has endorsed the establishment of a 2021 ANZSOC Conference Bursary Scheme to support anyone who require some financial assistance to attend and participate. Members and non-members are also strongly encouraged to apply if their research or institutional travel and conference budgets have been limited by local budget limits and financial controls.
- Applications must be received in writing by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applications submitted after 9 December 2021 will not be considered.
- A maximum of $10,000 has been allocated to the Bursary Scheme. Applications will be prioritised in the order in which they are received and until such time as the Bursary funds have been fully allocated.
- Applicants must provide a written statement that includes:
• The Request: A statement specifying the proportion of the registration fee for which is being requested (25%, 50%, 75%, 100%), the registration type (full member, student member), and whether the registration fee has already been paid.
• Statement of justification/support: A statement setting out the grounds for the requested support in terms of financial need or other circumstances, including whether a paper or papers will be presented, current or previous positions on the ANZSOC Committee, or other work provided for ANZSOC, and any financial hardship experienced, such as through loss of employment due to the pandemic, and any other relevant grounds.
- Successful applicants will be provided a registration-code which discounts the fee payable upon registration. Where a successful applicant has already paid the full-
registration fee at the time of their application, a reimbursement will be made directly from ANZSOC to the applicant’s nominated bank account.
- All applications will be assessed by a panel of three ANZSOC Committee members who will determine eligibility and decide on the proportion of registration fees awarded (0%, 25%, 50%, 75%, 100%). The decision of the majority will be final.