Policing in a Pandemic (Blended Delivery Conference)
The ANZSOC Policing Thematic Group is holding its inaugural event, on Wednesday 9 December, from 9am-1pm (Qld time). The thematic group aims to bring together policing scholars, practitioners and postgraduate students from Australia and New Zealand to advance the science of policing and enhance public safety for all people. We aim to strengthen partnerships across academia, policing and law enforcement policy makers (see https://anzsoc.org/about/#establishedgroups).
Our inaugural event will be a half day workshop on a theme inspired by the tumultuous events of 2020: Policing Pandemics and Protest. The workshop will combine face-to-face local meetings with a virtual meeting, to encourage maximum participation. There will be significant time for discussion, collaboration and the development of new ideas.
We invite expressions of interest to participate in the workshop, including as:
- traditional 20 minute conference presentations;
- 5 minute lightning talks which could be work in progress, practitioner observations, or new ideas; or
- 5 minute lightning talks on postgraduate work in progress.
We are also seeking coordinators to organize local meetings. The Brisbane local meeting will take place at South Bank, facilitated by the Griffith Criminology Institute (numbers will be capped due to COVID-19 restrictions). It would be good to see similar face-to-face meetings organized in other places, which can all be connected via a Zoom meeting. Alternatively participants can join the Zoom meeting individually.
Please register your interest by 4 December by emailing Janet Ransley (J.Ransley@griffith.edu.au) advising:
- Whether you want to present and if so talk title and format (20 minute presentation, 5 minute lightning talk, 5 minute postgrad talk)
- Your preferred attendance type
- Face-to-face in Brisbane
- Face-to-face in another location, connected virtually by Zoom (indicate also if you are prepared to organize this meeting)
- Individually, via Zoom
After you have registered a Zoom link will be provided, and a program will be circulated.
Registration email/URL - J.Ransley@griffith.edu.au
Link To Event Page -