ANZSOC members and those interested are invite to attend an event hosted by the Centre for Law and Social Justice at the University of Newcastle on Medicare in Prisons: Lobbying for reforms in custodial healthcare.
The event features the following speakers:
- Damien Linnane, PhD candidate and former prisoner
- Professor Megan Williams, Associate Dean (Indigenous) Faculty Management, UTS
- Dr Dana Slape, Australia’s first Indigenous dermatologist
- Dr Margaret Faux, Medicare expert
- Gerry Georgatos, Journalist and Human Rights Advocate
- Dr Stephen Hampton, Executive Medical Director of Justice Health
Details and in-person registration for the event can be found here: https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/medicare-in-prisons-lobbying-for-reforms-in-custodial-healthcare-tickets-459474880737
For online registration, please click here.